Providing a written, comprehensive record of an event such as a conference, webinar or workshop – including the discussions, decisions, (dis)agreements, Q&As, and action points – is something I have enjoyed doing for a number of years.
Asking a specialist Conference Reporter such as myself to perform this task makes sense. I can devote all my time during the conference to focus on the event and capture all the key messages. I can then devote the necessary time after the conference to write and deliver the report in a timely manner. This is generally a more efficient approach than using an internal person to make a conference report, as he or she may simply not have the time – nor the expertise or experience – to fulfil this task.
Here are some references for this type of work.
For a number of years I have worked closely with QED, an independent meeting organizer specialized in creating a forum for dialogue between policy makers, regulators, NGOs and companies. I have written reports on more than 50 QED events, on topics such as:
- Is Big Data the right recipe for Europe?
- EU-US Financial Regulation Dialogue
- Financial Benchmarks
- Cross-Border Regulation of Financial Services
- The Future of EU Payments
- Annual Conference on Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity: How should the legislation meet the new challenges?
For 12 years I attended and reported on the annual EMEA Users’ Group Conference of a major global industrial automation & control company.
For one of my clients I was the on-site reporter for three days at the EU Sustainable Energy Week in Brussels. I also provided social media support with real-time tweets, and articles on LinkedIn.
I am regularly asked to write transcripts of presentations given at major Health Conferences. Examples include:
- One Health Forum: Empowering Global Health Security and Policy in Africa
- Proceedings of the European Scientific Working Group on Influenza: Coronavirus, flu and RSV colliding in the fall
Most recently I was one of the Rapporteurs for one of the European Commission’s high-level conferences on LGBTI Equality in the EU.
Other topics covered include:
- The Future of Gas in Europe
- The Future of Shale Gas in Europe
- The Future of Rail
- Digitizing Energy
- Industry 4.0 Digitalisation and Big Data
- The Future of Coal in the European Energy Mix
Sometimes I am asked to attend the event. At other times I am sent the audio files.
If you are looking for a Conference Reporter for an upcoming event, feel free to contact me. I would be delighted to discuss how I can support your event.