What do you need?
What kind of technical copywriting are you looking for? Here are nine common communication tools that you might be considering, and that I can write for you:
- Press articles: I’ve had over 200 articles published in local, regional and international newspapers and magazines, and ghost-written many more for specialist trade publications.
- Blog posts: I support a number of clients who have come to realize the benefits of a regular blog post to build an audience, strengthen their brand and improve their visibility and ranking.
- Websites: Creating copy that works well on the web is essential. Therefore, I strive to write content that is easy to read and understand, and that prompts readers with relevant calls to action. Moreover, I ensure that your web content reflects your SEO strategy.
- Conference reports: I make sure that valuable conference discussions are clearly documented by producing professionally written reports, minutes of meetings and executive summaries, not forgetting the results of Q&A sessions, roundtables and breakout groups.
- Video scripts: Looking for content for a video to promote or explain a product or service? If so, I can develop a logical structure to the storyline, and write the voiceover script, on-screen captions and sub-titles.
- Social media content: I develop relevant and focused content to help drive engagement and build momentum on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- White papers: The combination of my technical background and journalistic experience enables me to write credible white papers that read like experts talking to fellow professionals.
- Newsletters: An engaging internal or external newsletter will help you keep in touch with your focus group or reach out to a new audience.
- Case studies: Give me the basic facts and I’ll conduct interviews if necessary to produce a compelling story, whether it concerns a product, application, service or solution.
Why use me?
When looking for technical copywriting support, it’s good to find someone with key strengths.
I have been technical copywriting for over 30 years. After being trained in the Howard technical communications agency in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, I moved to Brussels to set up as a freelancer in 1987.
Having worked with companies in a range of industries over the past 30 years, I have built up extensive technical knowledge of all types of products and services. This means I can easily talk with and understand the briefings and input of product managers and technical specialists.
I can easily adapt to your specific requirements. You might require in-house writing support for a few days, on-site help at a conference, or an urgent press release. Whatever type of writing or editing support you need, I will do my best to give you the professional help you need.
I know all too well that you have tight deadlines to meet. That’s why I aim for the shortest possible turnaround of projects.
Whether I am working for you directly or via an agency, I enjoy working as a member of a communications team. For some clients I have been part of their internal communications team for over two decades. This aids brainstorming, reduces misunderstandings, and helps the quick, efficient production of communications material.